Pupils have a wealth of resources available to them to further their study of Chemistry.
Pupils should be making regular notes using their class notes.
These can be in the form of:
- Key words – picking out three key words from each lesson and writing the down with a meaning
- Mind Maps – Using key concepts and ideas from each lesson to make a mind map of the learningn outcomes within each topic.
- Flashcards – using small pieces of card to emphasise key concepts with an explanation of that concept.
Pupils can also use a variety of websites for their revision such as:
- Fronter (https://fronter.com/qahs/)
- BBC Bitesize (http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/)
- evans2chemweb (http://www.evans2chemweb.co.uk/index.php)
- Scholar (for Higher and Advanced Higher) (http://courses.scholar.hw.ac.uk/vle/scholar/)
Pupils can also drop in to one our our lunchtime revision sessions and seek extra help or use one of the school text books.