Pupils choosing to continue their learning in Chemistry will have the opportunity to ‘learn’ from a wide range of experiences and outcomes from Level 3 and Level 4 leading to qualifications at National 3, 4, or 5 in S4.
The course is designed to:
- improve pupil understanding of Chemistry concepts relevant to their life
- improve pupil ability to solve problems in unfamiliar situations
- enhance pupils’ practical skills
- develop skills in numeracy and literacy
- encourage pupils to work in groups safely (health and well-being)
- improve the higher order thinking skills in pupils.